There is no greater privilege and responsibility as a parent than nurturing the faith of our children. We are teaching our children—passively or purposefully—every hour of every day about what it means to be a follower of Jesus. So, first and foremost, we must authentically model discipleship in our daily lives. The greatest influence on our children’s faith is the genuine depth and breadth of seeing their parents live out their faith daily.
When we baptize children at Parkway, we promise to help parents raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. One of the ways we fulfill this commitment is through our Children’s Christian Education ministries. We have dedicated teachers who love our children, serve as examples for them, and teach them about God and what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Our prayer is that through these opportunities children will come to know and love Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and then live out their faith as His disciples in the world with all of their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
If we can help you in your efforts to equip yourself as a parent to nurture the faith of your children, please contact Matthew at email@example.com.
- Childcare | Room 107
Loving, professional childcare is available during worship services and Sunday Discipleship for children age 0 through 2 years. Our littlest ones also enjoy a Bible story from our God Loves Me curriculum.
- Walk with Me (3 years old-3rd grade) | Downstairs | 10am-10:50am
(All ages are as of September 1, 2017)
- Biblical and Reformed— Our children will receive a strong Biblical foundation shaped by the theology taught in the Creeds and Confessions of the Presbyterian Church.
- Designed to Grow Faith— Through lessons that encourage discipleship children learn to live out their faith each day.
- Kid-Friendly— Age-appropriate and appealing to different learning styles, Walk With Me respects the many ways children learn.
- Fun— The Gospel is good news so it should be fun! Intentional about Building Community— Children learn to care for and encourage one another as they learn together.
- Creation - The Life Of Joseph (4th-5th Grade) | Downstairs | 10am-10:50am
We are also excited to have our 4th and 5th graders in their year-long study of the amazing book of Genesis!
Children's Worship | Room 115 | 8:45am & 11am
- We love to have your children in worship! Parents are always welcome to keep your children with you to worship as a family. In fact, because of the vital impression your example makes, we encourage you to begin transitioning your child to participate in worship with you by the 3rd grade.
- Parents may drop off children (age 3 – 3rd grade) for Children’s Worship in room 115 downstairs, before coming upstairs for worship in the Sanctuary.
- Parents may pick their children up after worship.
Kids' Quest Catechism Club | Downstairs | 6:15pm-7:15pm
Kids’ Quest Catechism Club helps children understand God’s character and basic theological truths. We will cover questions from the First Catechism. Music, games, art, and activities will help the children memorize the answers to the catechism questions. A recurring theme is God’s love and care, which are supremely expressed in His provision of redemption through Jesus. Our ultimate goal for each student to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and grow to love and trust Him with all his or her heart, soul, mind and strength. All children from Preschool through 5th grade are welcome!
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
All kids (ages 5 through 5th grade) are invited to come and join the courageous and captivating quest to discover God's love. We will have tons of fun as we sing, play, have snacks, do crafts, and learn all about the love of Jesus. Details and dates will be posted soon.
When we baptize children at Parkway, we promise to help parents with their most important privilege and responsibility—to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. One of the ways we fulfill this commitment is through our Children’s Discipleship ministries. We have dedicated teachers who love our children, serve as examples for them, and teach them about God and what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Our hope is that through these opportunities children will come to know and love Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and then live out their faith in the world with all of their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Parents, we can help you in your efforts to nurture the faith of your children. Please contact Matthew at 770.889.8694 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.